mobiusmusemobiusmuse

Main Audio Reviews Stats

(SA) Pirate Adventures (SA) Pirate Adventures

Erhm...

Well, I salute you for making music. I have a few qualms with this piece though. I thought the chord progressions were perhaps a bit banal, as everyone has pretty much heard the same progressions before. As for the background, It could be a bit more rhythmically interesting than [1 . . and . . 4 .]. I will give you kudos, however, on the melody line--it sounded tonally interesting against the background chords. Next time, perhaps adjust output volume for whatever sequencing program you were using, if possible, because towards the middle there was some aural friction going on. Keep on keeping on, and don't ever get discouraged with making music... : ]

Forest World Forest World

Interesting Song

I suggest you disregard anyone's review of this song. Not many these days have the attention span necessary to listen to music without a driving baseline, or any non-dance music, or at least music longer than two minutes.

That having been said, just because some peeps on Newgrounds MIGHT think your music is mediocre is never an excuse to give up something you clearly have the aptitude and passion for.

Now, on to the music! The interesting percussion drives through the piece giving an earthy and suspenseful feel to the piece, all the while driving forward. This piece also sounds very tonally interesting in terms of orchestration and chord progressions. I enjoyed the long tones as well--they contributed to the overall flavor and suspense to the piece, and the mixed voices blended well for a unique tessitura. This piece is a tribute to the forest? Perfect! This piece musically states exactly that. You have the ability (pardon the mixed synesthesia) to paint vibrant scenes in music--a rare talent. Keep up the good work!

Aaroca responds:

Wow...
Thank-you so much! It's nice to know someone actually appreciates this.
And I completely understand what you mean. So many people lack patience nowadays... It's kinda upsetting.
I'm definitely going to create more now!

Thanks again!
-Aaroca-

Drunken Sailor-trumpet Drunken Sailor-trumpet

Good!

I can not tell you how glad I am that the interest in wind instruments is not yet dead in the world! Good for you! Not only am I glad of your playing the trumpet, I am glad that you played this piece by ear!!! The skill of playing/transcribing music by ear is becming increasingly rare these days!!!

My complements: from going in between your 1+2-valve A (concert G) and your 1+3-valve D (concert C), great intonation. The third valve of the trumpet is known to be a little off (hence the slide thingee), but your intonation of that open fifth was spot on. I issue a challenge to you--you should find this piece as a solo with accompaniment (or as an ensemble) and play it in a solo competition.

Advice from a fellow brass player: keep on keeping on, hombre. There may be times when the trumpet can seem exasperating or frustrating, but stick to it. I encourage you challenge yourself: I especially encourage (this may sound strange), not to just go through the mechanical fingerings and motions and to play the trumpet, but to add feeling, have fun, and play WITH the trumpet. As you have shown with this recording, you are at the point where you are playing with the instrument--playing for fun. BRAVO!!! Keep at it! I hope to see more good things like this to come!

NerosBurningflame responds:

Awesome! Thanks for the kind review, I really appreciate it! Although I do have to say that I did have some sheet music for this one, but sometimes I will purposely play different notes than are written to give it a little different flavor. And yes I will keep playing. Once again, thanks!

New Jazz Standard New Jazz Standard

Good Job

A Capella jazz and swing is usually hard to pull off, and the style of this song savors slightly of a group known as the HornHeads. I can't post a link to their website without ban risk, but I can definitely advise you to search for them and check out their website, if nothing else for a style perspective. Keep up the good work!

-Grieg- Techno Mix -Grieg- Techno Mix

Gieg!

Nice loop for only two hours. What made Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" so wonderful was that the piece started simple and build up intensity as it was played. Although effectively changing tempos in a FLor MK2 file could be tricky, you could still be able to match Grieg in building intensity via orchestration. Killer beats, techno feel, i give thee an eight. Keep up the good work. It is good to hear a new twist on old classics!

Nakisima responds:

It's one of my favorite orchestral pieces ever. To keep it relatively modern, changing tempo isn't something that's natural to "dance" to (for want of a better word). Time-killer and just general messing around, it wasn't anything serious to me, but thanks for the comments!

-Nakisima

b0ing b0ing

Sweet!

I like this song! The rhythmic patterns suggest a subtle hint of Latin/Flamenco style with driving down and up beats. I could almost see the clap-choir! ! ! I also liked the dramatic pause--not very many artists could have pulled that off well. It actually adds to instead of detracts from the piece. The only thing I could say is perhaps make this song/loop longer, and perhaps use a wider variety of synergistic sound effects like the upward wah-wah distortion techno thing. Keep up the good work!

Zimmer Melody 2 Complete Zimmer Melody 2 Complete

Great!

Haunting melody. The choral parts around 0:47 were tonally interesting, and perhaps could have been a bit louder.
Be careful using only sporadic percussion as a filler, like around 1:20. Perhaps a tastefully placed drone or crescendo would work there, but it seems that a good portion of the intensity had leaked away during those empty bars.

Overall, I liked it. Keep up the good work!

MrKennedy123 responds:

Thanks. I know the track is lacking in some areas. I agree that a crescendo around 1:20 would fit well. I may add it.